Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Sunday In Paris



  It's hard writing this blog, because I'm days behind before I even get started!
  So much I like to share...I haven't really begun on all the art we've seen here in Paris, and we are leaving in about an hour...but I know I'll have more 'down time' in Umbria to write, so I'll wait until then for more Paris posts.

  For this morning, I'll just jot down some notes from our Sunday here.
  
  We decided to head up to the Canal Saint-Martin area, which we've visited before and enjoyed. The day called for mostly no rain, so off we went, via the metro...



La-la-la, sittin' on the metro.


  Once in the area, we walked all along the canals, enjoying the sun and all the folks out and about...



Ok, can I just say something here...
I am SO TIRED of wearing my hair back super tight!
It's because my shingles are still active, and the hair touching my face
MAKES ME CRAZY.
Ok, that's all on that.



Though it wasn't super sunny and warm, there were breaks in the clouds, and seeing on and off blue skies was heavenly! It was wicked windy still, but so much nicer than cold rain.
  We had great time just enjoying the walk and the views...













  Spring has begun to pop here, and I look forward to warmer weather in Umbria. I'm sure things are beginning to burst there, too!









  This area is so perfect for a Sunday morning relaxed walk. We stopped to celebrate recent sales at the gallery, and to soak in the sunshine-





Yay!



Johnny! Wake up!





Life is good along the Quai!


  Next, we hiked up to visit the Parc de Buttes Chaumont, but it was closed! I took these photos through the closed gates...



Boy, that would have been nice...




We really wanted to be inside.


  We were really bummed, because it was a long walk, and we love this park.
  Also, the day before, we went to visit the Luxembourg Gardens, and they were closed, too-Damn! What the hell was going on?
  I decided this year I would only take photos from outside the closed gates of my favorite Paris gardens...


Geez, THAT would have been nice, too...



Sigh. I guess peeking through the closed gates was sort of better than nothing.


  Well, we later found out the gardens were closed because it was so windy, branches were crashing down, and the authorities didn't want anyone to get hurt.
  I get it.
  But still...damn.

   So, back onto the metro to explore more-






  On Saturday, we were able to avoid the 'yellow vest' protests, but we didn't know there was a rally going on here on Sunday. This was for a different cause, and interesting to observe. From a ways back.



Algerian flags all around.



I'll have to look into what this was all about.


  
We walked and walked and walked...and then I put my sore foot down and demanded food.
  Honestly, Johnny could go all day and night without, but not me. He was happy about the wine, though.




  I was so hungry, I forgot to take a photo of my excellent omelet with salad and really crispy, yummy French Fries. In France. We both needed the break, and were happy to sit and have a nice late lunch.

  We ended our Sunday at a pal's apartment on the Ile Saint Louis, meeting new people, chatting, enjoying more food and drink. It was lovely.
  On our way back across town, I spotted this perfect shot to end a very nice Sunday n Paris...



Bon nuit, all!


2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post with fabulous photos! I love seeing Paris through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara-that means so much coming from you!

    ReplyDelete