Monday, March 4, 2019

Today In The Garden


  It's always tough for me to leave the garden at this time of the year..we'll miss most of the big "spring mega-show" that is sure to be right around the corner.
  This year it will be better than ever since we have gotten tons of rain in the past several weeks. For many years now, I've needed to get the hose out and do lots of watering during January and February. The central coast of California has been in dire straits with years of drought that have brought us to our knees.
  This year it has rained. And rained. And rained...with winds from hell. 

  But...the garden looks good, man. All that water has things looking pretty fine, indeed!

  I decided to take some photos before we take off, so I could take stock of just how good it is.
  Like I said, it's going to be tough to leave this little bit of heaven I've been proud to have created...


A few cuttings from my pal, Tasha, have become a nice feature in the front yard...




These 'wild' freesias came with the house.
I love them very much.



A little patch of this and that.



Hellebors in their last phase.
I hope they reseed!



One of the first things I planted, over twenty years ago..
Lady Banksia rose...

Lady Banksia..she's an early bloomer here.



I just like this odd combo, including the picket fence...

A few grape hyacinths I'd forgotten I planted!


An Italian purple artichoke plant.
It has wicked thorns.

I love the simplicity of Calla Lilies.



One of my several succulent 'gardens'.
They thrive here.

Just another little corner of our little bit of heaven.


Crabapple bloomng her head off.
She's an early bloomer!

Crabapple up close...



Another 'garden moment'...




Near the hot tub, where all is calm.



I can not get enough of these ferns.



Another 'garden moment'  enjoyed today.


Green on green.
I love it.



The entrance to the back garden...


Just one area of many that feature succulents. 


Green on green, baby!




An entryway to the garden.



Saint Francis keeps an eye out.



We'll miss the 'big bloom'!

Love it!







Roses blooming early .






Coming up through the path!


  I needed some time in the garden today, just to calm me down.
  It's been a wacky week, and now we are ready to head back to Umbria.
  The garden will always be my 'drug of choice' when I'm stressed out.
  I just had to share...

  Next post, Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment